Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Great Escape

It's quite Summery these days although Summer has not officially arrived.  As the weather warms we fling wide the windows, and a fluffy cat becomes more and more vocal.  I do believe I've heard Nate say "Me-owt".  About 100 times.  I don't, of course, blame him since I, too, want to be out on my lovely deck when perfect-weather days come along.

Now lets say I do the unpardonable and go out on the deck, sans cats, on a nice day and get comfy in a lounge chair with a book.  I must do so to an accompaniment of mews, moans, yowls, trills, and assorted other cat sounds all saying essentially the same thing:  "I WANT OUT!!!"

We bought Kitty Holsters for the boys a couple years ago,  in the hope that we could take them outside and let them hang out safely on the deck.  They enjoy it, but it turns out not to be very relaxing for me.  Nate, especially, winds and tangles around everything and has learned that if he runs the leash out full length and then lunges up and wiggles he can sometimes achieve a backwards escape from his supposedly inescapable harness.  Thus I rarely sit peacefully when I have him outside.  I don't, of course, truly begrudge him this 'cause he looks so darn cute.


Don't I Look Cute In My Cammo Holster?
Lounging In the Sun
Gotta Sun My Fluffy Tummy
And I'm Outta Here

Oh, did I mention that Nate has now almost outgrown his Kitty Holster?  Yeah, 14 pounds of cat + 3" of fluff = new holster needed.  It just barely Velcros around his tummy now.  I never thought I'd see the day my cats would be outgrowing their clothes!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment